Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We Now Resume Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

     I was planning on blogging Monday, but I was struck with a migraine that lasted through yesterday. I am feeling much better today so I can proceed with normal life activities. I am not going to dwell on them as I want to just appreciate the good in my life. I am grateful I don't have them near as often as I used to and that they are not as severe. I am taking a supplement that helps keep them at bay.
     Last night as I was laying in bed and tired of the pain and frustration, I was reminded that this is just a temporary situation. There are so many people who are in chronic pain and suffering for years without relief. I can see why those people are grumpy and miserable. How can you maintain happiness when you are always hurting? It gave me an appreciation for those who suffer and I feel I can be more tolerant of their attitude.
     So Sunday night, we had our neighbors over for a cookout. These are the neighbors who will be watching our dogs while we are on vacation next week. We had a great time and a wonderful friendship is developing. They absolutely love our dogs. I have to give Dexter credit for putting on the charm. He can be such a crotchety old man, but when he needs to, the charm and cuteness abounds. Of course, everybody loves Mattie. She is just a sweet old lady who reminds everybody of their grandmas-always full of love and glad to see you. They said they would be more than willing to watch our dogs anytime we wanted to go away.
Here are are two precious pooches:

     Last week we went to our favorite RV dealer because they had advertised a few 5th wheels with the forward living room. I was really curious about them so it gave us an excuse to go look at RVs (like I really need and excuse!) They were very nice. In the past, looking at RVs really made me impatient and wanting to just get going. This time was a little different.
     I tend to be the kind of person who, once I make up my mind to do something, I want to start RIGHT NOW! I guess you could say I am all about instant gratification. I don't like ordering things online because when I want it-I want it NOW! (I was probably one of those kids in the store throwing a tantrum because I wanted some toy immediately-you know, the kind you want to take outside and spank!)
     I digress.
     So looking at everything together, I came to realize that sometimes with a little planning and patience, you can do a little better than settling. I think in the past, I have settled just because I couldn't wait to get what I wanted. If I would have waited a little and planned better, things might have been just a little different. (I can write a whole blog about that, and maybe I will someday.) I have decided to try to be patient and not force anything to happen right now. It will all fall into place when the time is right.It always does and it always will.
     I think the events of this past week have really helped me stay focused. One reason I think I am so anxious to get going is because we really haven't been able to take any small trips to feed our wanderlust appetite. Having a neighbor willing to watch the dogs for us gives us the freedom to go camping for a few days every now and then. Know we are going on our big road trip in less than 4 weeks is helping too. In the meantime, I plan on saving as much money as possible so we can get the best possible rig when the time is right.
     Now I think I need to get out of this house and go enjoy Tucson.


   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment