Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

5 More Sleeps......

I am so excited that we will be heading out on vacation Sunday afternoon. We will be leaving town as soon as Brenda gets off work. Hopefully, we will be on the road no later than 5PM.

We are driving to Flagstaff, which will be about halfway to Zion National Park. On Monday, we will go through the park and spend the night in Hurricane, Utah. From there, we will head to Park City, Utah. My brother hooked us up with a free night at a resort. How awesome is that!?!

From Park City, we will head over to Craters of the Moon National Monument and spend the night in Arco, Idaho. We were going to stay in camping cabins there but decided to get a motel room instead. For about the same price, we will have bathroom facilities and all the other amenities that come with it. We will have our longest drive on Thursday so we thought it would be nice to just get up and go that morning.

Thursday, after about an 8 hour drive, we will be in Spokane. We will be there through Sunday. We are there for my cousin's wedding and a baby shower for another cousin's daughter. This is kind of a family reunion because this part of the family hasn't been together in over 30 years. I am really looking forward to seeing everybody together.

On Sunday, we will be heading towards Glacier National Park. Its only about a 5 hour drive, but we are breaking it down in half. We will be driving about 2 and a half hours to Libby, Montana. Two reasons for this, the first is the baby shower is Sunday morning and the second is we couldn't get our cabin in Hungry Horse for Sunday night.

Monday and Tuesday will be for exploring Glacier and spending time with my little brother and his family as well as my parents. On Wednesday morning we will start the trip back home. We are planning on getting home either late Thursday night or Friday morning, depending on how hard we drive.

There are so many reasons I am looking forward to this trip. The heat and fires around here has made it difficult to do any outdoor activities around here, so a respite from the heat will be welcome.

I am also looking forward to the drive. I love road trips and seeing things I haven't seen before. Most of this trip will be new territory for me. Brenda has been to several of our stops before, but it will be nice to see them together.

I am also looking forward to seeing my family. I am fortunate that I have a family that gets along and has a good time together. There is no drama and lots of good times when we are together.

Hopefully, I will be able to post updates throughout the trip, including pictures. I am bringing my laptop and most places we will be staying will have wifi. I just hope this old computer of mine will not act up on me. Our last trip, my computer was having trouble connecting to the wifi.

I am looking forward to the time when we can take these trips at a more leisurely pace. We will be covering a lot of ground in a short time frame. We will only be scratching the surface of many of these areas. I would prefer to be able to explore more, but I know that it won't be long before that day comes. But, at least we get to make this trip. For that I am extremely grateful.

All the planning is done and reservations are all made. Now its time to tackle our to-do list before we head out.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot to pack into in such a short time. Hope you enjoy yourselves and that you find some cooler weather.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings flashlights to Craters of the Moon. Without them there's only one cavern you can explore.

    http://jimandgarret.blogspot.com/2008/11/11-23-08-sunday-nuclear-peanut-butter.html

    ReplyDelete