Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Feet Are Itching

I don't have a hitch yet, but I am definitely getting that itch to be on the move. We are three weeks out until our big road trip and I can hardly wait. To top it off, we are listening to the music we normally listen to while on the road.

One of our favorite things to do is spend at least one day a week out in nature. That is becoming difficult because of all the fires. Practically everything around us is closed for now. This is not helping my need to be in nature.

What to do, what to do? Perhaps I should put all this extra energy into something productive like cleaning or something. Maybe later today when it gets cooler, I will take a walk around the complex. I really do need to get more active. At work, I am extremely active and run around like a chicken with its head cut off. The rest of the week, I am more of a couch potato. I really need to get motivated to be more physically active.

My body has been talking a lot to me lately, and I think its time to start listening. I have really wanted to get back into some type of exercise program. In the past, we have done lots of walking and biking. We need to get back into it. I am even looking at the possibility of getting a personal trainer and getting into a routine. I know if I get started and make it a daily habit, it will be easy to keep it up. Its just not always easy to get motivated to start. I know if I do, I will feel better and this will help keep me healthier.

Ok, ok, time to get this idea in motion! I will keep you posted on my progress......here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment