Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So Close I can Almost Taste It

We are less than two weeks until we start our vacation adventure. I am so looking forward to this trip for several reasons. 

The first reason is I am just ready for a good road trip. It has been 7 months since our last trip and I am getting a bad case of the wanders. I love road trips. I love seeing new places and things and exploring. I have a deep connection to all things nature and I need to get back into her. With the fires around here, we are not able to get our weekly fixes of nature.

The second reason is seeing my family. Since my family is scattered all over the place, it isn't very often we can all get together. In fact, I will be seeing family members I haven't seen in decades! It will be fun to all be together in a new and exciting place.

The third reason is knowing I am going to see lots of new country. Everywhere we are going on this trip is new to me. I am looking forward to finding new treasures and see new sights. Brenda has been to several of the places we are visiting but it has been a while for her, too. 

The fourth reason is just getting out of the heat here. I love warm weather, but with all the fires and the drought we are having, it has been hard to get any relief. My skin and sinuses will appreciate the cooler, more moist climates. 

I have been reading so many bloggers who have been in the places we are heading. I love all the pictures they have posted and reading about what they are seeing. Many of these blogs have inspired me to travel to places I had not even thought about. Thank you, fellow bloggers!I am so glad we have made this world a little smaller through the internet. 

Is it too early to start packing........?

1 comment:

  1. Oooo while I wasn't expecting to follow another blog I spotted that you were following mine so I checked out yours. RVing?!?!? Exciting! I'll have to poke around your entries to gain more of an understanding into what's going on! I'm already intrigued!

    ReplyDelete