Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Thursday, May 19, 2011

So Many Choices

I read yesterday that one of the local RV dealers was going to be having an RV show at the mall close to our apartment. I mentioned it to Brenda but she wasn't too keen on going. She said that we had looked at them before and they all start looking the same. Today while we were running errands, I convinced her to go.

In the past, they have had brand new models only. Way too expensive and fancy for us. Today, however, they had quite a few used models. Even I was amazed at how different some of these were compared to the ones we had seen in the past.

We have pretty much decided that when the time comes, we are going to go with a truck and 5th wheel. Just for fun, I still like looking at the other types of RVs out there. I will say, though, we saw a pull behind that absolutely floored. us. It was really nice and had lots of storage, a big must have on our list. If we were in the market today, this model would have been at the top of our list.

I love going through all the RVs and picturing us in one when we start our adventure. I can see so many of them working for us. Its fun dreaming and wondering what we end of getting. I know that whatever we do get, it will be perfect for us, and based on our history, totally not what we had pictured for us.

Something else was different about today. In the past, I would get so excited and impatient I would try to force things to happen NOW. Today, as excited as I was, I was able to remain focused and not get frustrated knowing the time is not right yet. I am OK with that. Everything will happen at the right time. In the meantime, I will stay focused on today and enjoy our life now. We really do have it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment