Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Monday, May 9, 2011

I Need Some Roses to Smell

"It's good to have an end to journey towards but it is the journey that matters in the end." -Ursula K. Le Guin


I have always had a serious problem. I am impatient. When I get an idea in my head, I go head first into it and just keep on plowing forward. Once I make up my mind about something, I get single minded and that's all I can think about. I push push push and want it to come to fruition immediately. 


When we decided to start preparing for our ultimate life journey of traveling, I was like, "Oh yeah! Let's go!" I was ready to leave that day. I spend every waking minute (and some dreams at night) thinking about it. I spend hours and hours looking at RVs that are for sale. I keep working in my mind how we can afford this and how we can make it happen as soon as possible. 


I need to stop and take a deep breathe. I can't force this to happen any sooner than it is supposed to happen. There are forces and situations that are out of my control. There are certain things that have to happen before we can start this adventure. If I try to make these things happen sooner than their time, it won't work out as well as it could if I just let it happen.


The life lesson I need to learn is to just let relax and let go. This is hard for me as I am a type A personality with control issues.( Brenda can attest to this!) I need to stop and smell the roses and just let life happen. You would think with all that has happened in my life that I would have learned this lesson by now. Oh no, not me! I am a little slow sometimes. 


I have been spending time recalling how things have worked out in our life in the past. No matter how much time I spend trying to make everything happen just right, it works out on its own. And, I must admit, always works out better than I had planned. Therefore, I am going to try to do some deep breathing exercises and start living in the moment. Instead of just looking forward all the time, I am going to try to live in the moment and enjoy the life we have here and now. 


We have a wonderful life here. We live in a place we absolutely love. As I read so many blogs of people who visit here, I keep telling myself we live here permanently. I love Tucson and all the beauty that surrounds us. I love the fact that we have so much to see and do around the area. I love our work schedules that allow us more time off than we work. This gives us time to go see everything around us. We try to take a day trip every week to sightsee. 


Since we live in a area that is a destination, we need to start our journey here. So for now, our apartment is our RV and we are parked here for a while checking out this area. When the time is right, we will get a different RV that will allow us to see other areas. Our adventure has begun!

2 comments:

  1. I love so much how you worded that last paragraph! We do have a pretty sweet RV at the moment, don't we? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe in slowly and exhale slowly! It will all work out just as it's suppose to. I can relate to you 100%. But after much trail and error I have learned not to rush things.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn and Denise

    ReplyDelete