Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Good Keeps Coming

Things are going so well around here. I truly believe it is because I have been focusing on being thankful and making sure I let the universe know how thankful I am.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from my brother. He was asking about our itinerary for our big trip in July. One of our stops was going to be in the Salt Lake City area and that was the only night we do not have solid plans. We figured we would just drive as far as we felt and stop at a cheap motel. He told me he had a lot of credits from his vacation rental plan that he could not use. One of the places he can use is in Park City, Utah. He checked to make sure they had availability and they did. We are now staying one night free on our big road trip. That is huge because we are trying to keep our budget down on this trip. Score one for us!

He went on to say he had a week's worth of stay he had to use or lose this summer. His options were out Phoenix, Vegas or Palm Springs. If we wanted that week, he would set it up. Are you kidding me? A week's worth of lodging? Oh yeah, we were all over that! We have been to Vegas and Phoenix several times. We love both those places but we are looking at going in August. Very hot!  I had been to Palm Springs eons ago. Brenda has never been there. We looked at all the great stuff to do there and decided that's where we want to go. So, it looks like we are going on another vacation the end of August. All we have to pay for is gas, food and whatever activities we decide to do. How sweet!

For the first time in a long while, we are doing better financially. With our work schedules of only working weekends, we have the time to travel. The only thing that has been stopping us is finding care for our dogs while we are gone. Here comes my next big thankful. Our next door neighbors! We have a mother and daughter who live next door to us. Before we even got moved in, we met them and instantly enjoyed their company. They have two dogs also and are big animal lovers. The daughter is 20 years old and going to school. She is a HUGE HUGE animal lover and she will be watching our dogs for us in July. With it being so convenient, I think they will be more than willing to watch the dogs for us occasionally so we can take a few trips.

As if that wasn't enough for me to be thankful for, I got one more! Yesterday, woot.com had a deal on the Kindle. They had the 4G Kindle for $85.00. That's the one that normally sells for $189.00. I have been earning Amazon bucks and have been saving them towards the cheaper $114.00 version. It is taking me forever to earn the bucks and I figured it would be months before I could afford it. I had more than enough money left over from bills and whatnot this month, so I snatched that bad boy up! I am so excited to finally be getting a Kindle!

So much good is happening in my life right now, I feel like I could burst. It is such an awesome feeling to be so full of pure joy. I am so happy with my life. I am learning that the less I want in life, the more I am given. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. My in-laws own a place in La Quinta which is next to Palm Springs. It's SO beautiful out there...but it WILL be hot. (just not as hot as Phoenix in the summer) Let me know when y'all are going to be there for sure and maybe we can head down for a few days and stay at the in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budgeting: Use restaurant.com. Search my blog for it if you want more info on any of this stuff. You will save money!

    Use Groupon.com. You will save money!

    Use entertainment.com - buy a subscription and you will save money!

    ReplyDelete