Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moving Along

We are a mere 5 weeks away from signing the lease on the new apartment. I am really starting to get excited about this move. I haven't been as wildly ecstatic as I normally get when big change occurs. Probably because there were times we weren't sure if we were getting the place we really like. I think its definite that we ARE getting it.

We have sold several things through Craigslist and to people I work with. The more I sell and get rid of, the more I want to sell and get rid of. We still have lots we can sell so we are planning a garage sale the middle of October. I guess it will be a yard sale since we don't have a garage. DUH!

Here is a link for a photo of our new apartment. Its the one on the end on the second floor:

http://www.hslskylinegateway.com/j/r/zoomphoto.jsp?mid=970302

We love the big wrap around porches in the front and back. Our apartment faces the pool and hot tub. We also love that we will have a fireplace again. We love fireplaces and haven't had one for a long time. Nothing like a nice fire to keep warm and snuggly.


In other news, we both just had our birthdays so that is always reason to celebrate!!! We have had some amazing dinners. We have tried several new places and we have used more Groupons. We even went to Red Robin where I got a free burger for my birthday. Go me!!!! Tonight we went out with friends to a great Italian place to celebrate Brenda's birthday. Her's was yesterday but we both worked so we decided to celebrate tonight. Now, I am sitting on the couch like a beached whaled vowing to never eat again (at least for the next several hours.)


Another new concept in our life is we are trying to become complaint free. We both just read the book A Complaint Free World. In the book the author challenges the reader to attempt to be complaint free for 21 days. It is not as easy as it looks or sounds, but it is eye opening. We are enjoying the challenge (for the most part) and can see how negative thoughts and energy produces negativity in life. Its all part of the laws of attraction. I strongly believe that you attract the things you dwell on. I have seen proof of this in my life so many times.

We are also continuing to be thankful in all things and celebrate the abundance in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the negativity thing sounds interesting. Keep us posted! The apartment complex is gorgeous. Looks high-end!

    ReplyDelete