Our Mottos

‎"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
— Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuin

Friday, July 29, 2011

My Summer Vacation, Part 5

**WARNING**
The contents of this blog contain graphic pictures of grandeur and beauty. Mature audiences only!!!!!!!

What can I say!?! Glacier National Park was so incredible I don't even have the words to describe it. In fact, I don't think I will. I will let the pictures do the talking. Unfortunately, pictures cannot even honestly portray the absolute beauty of the land.

The first day there was spent with my parents and my little brother and his family. We had a great time exploring the west side of the park. The Road to the Sun was still closed due to heavy winter snows so we couldn't go all the way across. We were able to take a tram to the Avalanche area where we could then walk about 4 miles to where they were still plowing. We walked almost two miles of the road but had to get back because the last trams left the area at 5:00. I will say, it was enjoyable to leisurely walk the road and see the sights. I would imagine with the volume of traffic on that road, you would miss a lot of beautiful vistas.

Here are the pictures:





Lake McDonald




                                            WOW



                                    Me by the stream.




                      AMAZING


                        Looking up through the trees.



 A waterfall.





                                          Snow on the mountain.





                           BEAUTIFUL



                   Walking the Road to the Sun.





Looks a little chilly!!!


Free roadside showers!

Brenda decided it was better to observe than partake of the free shower.





Heidi, Grandfather, where are you?











These are just a few of the hundreds of pictures we took. Instead of going crazy and making this a gigantic blog, I will wait until tomorrow to post the second day of Glacier National Park.

1 comment:

  1. Those were some amazing photos. I know what you mean about photos not capturing the beauty 100%. On our RV roadtrip, within a year, I took 5,000 photos! Snap lots of them!

    ReplyDelete